Photo Credit: photo: R. Lee
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/5898
Daniel Strewing Ashes in the Temple, and Cyrus Sealing the Door1565
201 x 246 mm (7.9 x 9.7 in.)
Philip Galle, Dutch (Flemish), (1537–1612)
After Maerten van Heemskerck, Dutch, (1498–1574)
- doors - Barriers which swing, slide, tilt, or fold to close a doorway, usually of solid and finished construction and usually leading to or separating interior spaces. Use also for similar features that close a container or a piece of case furniture. For barriers of less solid or finished construction, and usually separating two exterior spaces, use "gates." [April 1993 related term added. March 1993 descriptor moved. February 1993 scope note changed.]
- doorways - Denotes openings, which contain or could contain a door, that provide access into or out of building spaces. [March 1993 descriptor moved. August 1991 scope note changed.]
- series (groups) - Use for related publications issued successively, especially those bearing a collective as well as an individual title; and, in the visual arts, for groups of works by a single artist having a specific and purposeful relation among the works. [March 1993 descriptor changed, was 'series'; alternate term added; descriptor moved. January 1991 scope note added.]
- temples - Use for religious buildings dedicated to the service of a deity or deities, often housing a cult image; do not use for such Christian or Islamic religious buildings, prefer "churches" or "mosques." May also be used for Protestant places of worship in France and some French-speaking regions. [February 1995 scope note added.]
- plate Dimensions: 201 x 246 mm (7.9 x 9.7 in.)
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: R. Lee) .
Philip Galle, Dutch (Flemish), (1537–1612) Maerten van Heemskerck, Dutch, (1498–1574) . Daniel Strewing Ashes in the Temple, and Cyrus Sealing the Door, 1565. From The Story of Daniel, Bel, and the Dragon. Engraving on laid paper. First of three states. plate : 201 x 246 mm (7.9 x 9.7 in.). Sheet : 278 x 380 mm (10.9 x 15 in.). DAC accession number 1918.104.22.168. Purchase funds, 1960. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: R. Lee) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "DKNE" and [Objects]Work Type is "Print".View current selection of records as: