Photo Credit: photo: R. Lee
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/11702
Boy in front of the House Door1764
239 x 187 mm (9.4 x 7.4 in.)
Cornelis Ploos van Amstel, Dutch, (1726–1798)
After Rembrandt van Rijn, Dutch, (1606–1669)
- boys - Use to refer to male human beings from birth through adolescence. [August 1993 descriptor added.]
- children (people by age group) - People in the earliest developmental stage of life. [August 1996 related term added. February 1995 descriptor changed, was "children". September 1993 related term added. November 1992 alternate term added. February 1991 scope note added.]
- doorways - Denotes openings, which contain or could contain a door, that provide access into or out of building spaces. [March 1993 descriptor moved. August 1991 scope note changed.]
- genre - Use for pictorial representations, which may be in various media, that represent scenes or events from everyday life; usually used with another term such as "paintings" or "prints." [April 1991 descriptor moved.]
- houses - Individual dwellings designed to be occupied by a single tenant or family. [July 1995 descriptor moved. March 1995 scope note added. November 1992 related term added.]
- plate Dimensions: 239 x 187 mm (9.4 x 7.4 in.)
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: R. Lee) .
Cornelis Ploos van Amstel, Dutch, (1726–1798) Rembrandt van Rijn, Dutch, (1606–1669) . Boy in front of the House Door, 1764. Color etching. plate : 239 x 187 mm (9.4 x 7.4 in.). Object : 420 x 323 mm (16.5 x 12.7 in.). DAC accession number 1947.D1.197.42. Gift of George W. Davison (BA Wesleyan 1892), 1947. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: R. Lee) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "DKNE" and [Objects]Work Type is "Print".View current selection of records as: