No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/18833
Soldier Smoking on Stairs, Sicily, Italy1974
238 x 158 mm (9.4 x 6.2 in.)
Leonard Freed, American, (1929–2006)
- Italy - TGN 1000080
- Sicily (region) - TGN 7003122
- smoking - From TGM: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/tgm/item/tgm009761
- soldiers - Use generally for those belonging to an army, whether that of a sovereign state, a faction or division within a sovereign state, or of an individual leader. Use also specifically for military personnel of enlisted rank, as distinguished from commissioned officers. For those trained for or engaged in the physical combat of warfare and sanctioned in that function by the society or group for which they fight, irrespective of actual membership in an army, use "warriors." [November 1997 scope note changed; related term added. November 1996 related term deleted, was "knights (landholders)". February 1993 scope note changed; descriptor moved. December 1992 related terms added; alternate term added. November 1990 descriptor added.]
- stairs - A series of steps or flights of steps connected by landings for passing from one level to another. W [March 1993 descriptor moved.]
- image Dimensions: 238 x 158 mm (9.4 x 6.2 in.)
No open access image available
Leonard Freed, American, (1929–2006) . Soldier Smoking on Stairs, Sicily, Italy, 1974. Gelatin silver print. image : 238 x 158 mm (9.4 x 6.2 in.). Sheet : 252 x 172 mm (9.9 x 6.8 in.). DAC accession number 2016.3.6. Gift of Gary Ginsberg and Susanna Aaron (BA Wesleyan 1981), 2016.
Your search criteria: Keyword is "DLXB" and [Objects]Work Type is "Photograph".View current selection of records as: