Photo Credit: photo: M. Johnston
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/1772
Juno in the Form of Beroe, Nurse to Semele, Warning the Young Girl to Beware of Jupiter’s Advancesca. 1615
167 x 251 mm (6.6 x 9.9 in.)
After Hendrick Goltzius, Dutch, (1558–1617)
- girls - Use to refer to female human beings from birth through adolescence. [August 1993 descriptor added.]
- illustration - The art or process of providing illustrations. [March 1993 lead-in term added. May 1991 scope note added.]
- illustrations - Representations or diagrams that clarify, usually accompanying a text, sometimes part of an advertisement. For works that explore a subject or are preliminary to a separate, more finalized work, use "studies (visual works)." [August 1995 alternate term changed, was 'illustration'. March 1993 descriptor moved. June 1992 scope note changed; lead-in term added.]
- literature (writings)
- nudes - Representations of unclothed human figures. [February 1998 related term added, "nudity"; alternate descriptor changed, was "nude". September 1990 descriptor added.]
- nurses - Practitioners of nursing, especially those licensed or registered by the valid authorities. [July 1994 scope note added. April 1993 related term added. December 1992 alternate term added.]
- youth - Use for people below the age of full maturity, generally 17 years of age and younger. [April 1994 lead-in terms added. September 1993 scope note added. August 1993 related terms added. November 1992 alternate term added. September 1990 lead-in terms added.]
- plate Dimensions: 167 x 251 mm (6.6 x 9.9 in.)
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Johnston) .
Anonymous, Hendrick Goltzius, Dutch, (1558–1617) . Juno in the Form of Beroe, Nurse to Semele, Warning the Young Girl to Beware of Jupiter’s Advances, ca. 1615. From Metamorphoses (illustrations for the work by Ovid). Engraving on laid paper. plate : 167 x 251 mm (6.6 x 9.9 in.). DAC accession number 1922.214.171.124. Purchase funds, 1968. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Johnston) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "DSZY" and [Objects]Century is "17th century".View current selection of records as: