Photo Credit: photo: R. Lee
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/16897
Autumn (Autumnus)ca. 1563-1590
Philip Galle, Dutch (Flemish), (1537–1612)
After Maerten van Heemskerck, Dutch, (1498–1574)
- animals - This section can use more hierarchical (quasi-Linnaean) refinement in future; extant terms were assembled into a fairly flat and slightly redundant structure to expedite conversion.
- astrology - The study that assumes and attempts to interpret and foretell the influence of the stars, moon, and planets upon human affairs. [June 1994 scope note added. February 1993 related term added. February 1991 alternate term added.]
- autumn - The season of the year which is the transition period from summer to winter, occurring as the sun approaches the winter solstice, its beginning marked by the autumnal equinox. [March 1993 scope note added. November 1992 descriptor moved.]
- farming - Operating or participating in the operation of a farm. [May 1991 descriptor added.]
- series (groups) - Use for related publications issued successively, especially those bearing a collective as well as an individual title; and, in the visual arts, for groups of works by a single artist having a specific and purposeful relation among the works. [March 1993 descriptor changed, was 'series'; alternate term added; descriptor moved. January 1991 scope note added.]
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: R. Lee) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "DTH" and [Objects]Display Artist is "Philip Galle after Maerten van Heemskerck".View current selection of records as: