Photo Credit: photo: J. Giammatteo
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/13518
Veranda and Courtyard in Snow and Figureslate 18th century - early 19th century
360 x 250 mm (14.2 x 9.8 in.)
Toyokuni Utagawa, aka Ichiyôsai, Kumaemon, Japanese, (1769–1825)
- courtyards - Use for uncovered areas, surrounded or partially surrounded by the walls of a building. [March 1993 descriptor moved. June 1990 lead-in term deleted, was 'cortiles'.]
- porches - Use to designate roofed spaces, open along two or more sides and adjunct to a building, commonly serving either to shelter an entrance or used as living space. [March 1993 descriptor moved.]
- triptychs - Paintings or carvings consisting of or mounted on three attached panels, often hinged so that the outer wings fold over the central portion; a common form for altarpieces. Also used for other works having three related images side by side.
- weather - State of the atmosphere with respect to such factors as wind, temperature, cloudiness, moisture, and pressure. For the long-term total of atmospheric variations at a specific geographical location, use "climate." [May 1993 related term added. December 1992 scope note added. November 1992 descriptor moved.]
- image Dimensions: 360 x 250 mm (14.2 x 9.8 in.)
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: J. Giammatteo) .
Toyokuni Utagawa, aka Ichiyôsai, Kumaemon, Japanese, (1769–1825) . Veranda and Courtyard in Snow and Figures, late 18th century - early 19th century. Color woodcut. image : 360 x 250 mm (14.2 x 9.8 in.). DAC accession number 1948.D2.316A-C. Gift of George W. Davison (BA Wesleyan 1892), 1948. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: J. Giammatteo) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "DTH" and [Objects]Display Artist is "Utagawa Toyokuni".View current selection of records as: