No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/7561
Pea Pond, Queens, New York1972 (printed ca. 1980)
347 x 261 mm (13.7 x 10.3 in.)
N. Jay Jaffee, American, b. born 1921
Object Type: photograph
Medium and Support: Gelatin silver print with selenium toning
Edition: Artist’s Proof 1/5; from a group of 23 images
Marks: Signed in pencil on verso: “N. Jay Jaffee”
Bibliography: Gene Baro, Jaffee (Brooklyn Museum, 1981), cat. no. 40; see artist’s correspondence in correspondence file.
Credit Line: Gift of Michael M. Senft, 1983
Accession Number: 1983.12.72
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- landscapes (representations) - Use for creative works that depict outdoor scenes where the picture is dominated by the configuration, visual and aesthetic, of the land, bodies of water, and natural elements. When the ocean or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer "views" or "topographical views." For actual areas of land having certain notable characteristics, use "landscapes (environments)." [January 1993 scope note added; related term added. April 1991 descriptor moved; lead-in term added; descriptor changed, was "landscapes"; alternate term changed, was 'landscape'.]
- New York City - TGN 7007567 (“New York” preferred, “New York City” display; retained “City” for clarity)
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- ponds - Relatively small bodies of water, usually surrounded on all sides by land. STEIN
- image Dimensions: 347 x 261 mm (13.7 x 10.3 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available