Photo Credit: photo: R. Lee
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/14189
Landscape with a Round Temple by a River17th century
116 x 310 mm (4.6 x 12.2 in.)
Jan van de Velde II, Dutch, (ca. 1593–1641)
- landscapes (representations) - Use for creative works that depict outdoor scenes where the picture is dominated by the configuration, visual and aesthetic, of the land, bodies of water, and natural elements. When the ocean or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer "views" or "topographical views." For actual areas of land having certain notable characteristics, use "landscapes (environments)." [January 1993 scope note added; related term added. April 1991 descriptor moved; lead-in term added; descriptor changed, was "landscapes"; alternate term changed, was 'landscape'.]
- series (groups) - Use for related publications issued successively, especially those bearing a collective as well as an individual title; and, in the visual arts, for groups of works by a single artist having a specific and purposeful relation among the works. [March 1993 descriptor changed, was 'series'; alternate term added; descriptor moved. January 1991 scope note added.]
- sets (groups) - Use with reference to a group of things designed to be used or viewed together. [March 1993 descriptor moved. April 1991 descriptor changed, was "sets"; alternate term changed, was 'set'.]
- temples - Use for religious buildings dedicated to the service of a deity or deities, often housing a cult image; do not use for such Christian or Islamic religious buildings, prefer "churches" or "mosques." May also be used for Protestant places of worship in France and some French-speaking regions. [February 1995 scope note added.]
- plate Dimensions: 116 x 310 mm (4.6 x 12.2 in.)
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: R. Lee) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "DUNB" and [Objects]Century is "17th century".View current selection of records as: