No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/1470
Bridal Veil Fall, Haines’ Falls, Yosemiteca. 1870-1890
185 x 107 mm (7.3 x 4.2 in.)
- California - TGN 7007157
- landscapes (representations) - Use for creative works that depict outdoor scenes where the picture is dominated by the configuration, visual and aesthetic, of the land, bodies of water, and natural elements. When the ocean or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer "views" or "topographical views." For actual areas of land having certain notable characteristics, use "landscapes (environments)." [January 1993 scope note added; related term added. April 1991 descriptor moved; lead-in term added; descriptor changed, was "landscapes"; alternate term changed, was 'landscape'.]
- Sierra Nevada - TGN 7014506 is "Nevada, Sierra"; flipped here to avoid comma ambiguity in term display
- waterfalls - May be used for artificial waterfalls only if highly naturalistic in form and context; otherwise prefer "cascades" or "fountains." [February 1996 related term added. June 1993 scope note changed.]
- Western United States - TGN 4011500 (general region): Typically refers to states West of the Rocky Mountains (New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, California) and Texas. The term may also sometimes include the states above Texas (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, and Oklahoma).
- Yosemite Valley - TGN 7017628
- image Dimensions: 185 x 107 mm (7.3 x 4.2 in.)
No open access image available
Anonymous, . Bridal Veil Fall, Haines’ Falls, Yosemite, ca. 1870-1890. Albumen print. image : 185 x 107 mm (7.3 x 4.2 in.). DAC accession number 1918.104.22.168. Gift of Michael M. Senft, 1983.
Your search criteria: Keyword is "DUPV" and [Objects]Display Artist is "Anonymous" and [Objects]Century is "19th century" and [Objects]Work Type is "Photograph".View current selection of records as: