No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/1487
Unidentified Fallsca. 1870-1890
139 x 102 mm (5.5 x 4 in.)
- landscapes (representations) - Use for creative works that depict outdoor scenes where the picture is dominated by the configuration, visual and aesthetic, of the land, bodies of water, and natural elements. When the ocean or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer "views" or "topographical views." For actual areas of land having certain notable characteristics, use "landscapes (environments)." [January 1993 scope note added; related term added. April 1991 descriptor moved; lead-in term added; descriptor changed, was "landscapes"; alternate term changed, was 'landscape'.]
- manipulated photographs - Use for photographs that have been altered through interference in the optical or chemical procedures, or physically altered, as for example, sewn, marked on, or torn. [April 1992 descriptor moved.]
- rock - Naturally formed aggregate of one or more minerals. For processed or dressed rock use "stone." [January 1996 alternate term added. February 1992 descriptor moved. December 1991 scope note added.]
- waterfalls - May be used for artificial waterfalls only if highly naturalistic in form and context; otherwise prefer "cascades" or "fountains." [February 1996 related term added. June 1993 scope note changed.]
- image Dimensions: 139 x 102 mm (5.5 x 4 in.)
No open access image available
Anonymous, . Unidentified Falls, ca. 1870-1890. Albumen print with manipulated rocks. image : 139 x 102 mm (5.5 x 4 in.). DAC accession number 19126.96.36.1997. Gift of Michael M. Senft, 1983.
Your search criteria: Keyword is "DUPV" and [Objects]Display Artist is "Anonymous" and [Objects]Century is "19th century".View current selection of records as: