No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/6777
Multnomah Falls—near Columbia River, Oregon1899
234 x 184 mm (9.2 x 7.2 in.)
H. A. Hale, American
- landscapes (representations) - Use for creative works that depict outdoor scenes where the picture is dominated by the configuration, visual and aesthetic, of the land, bodies of water, and natural elements. When the ocean or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer "views" or "topographical views." For actual areas of land having certain notable characteristics, use "landscapes (environments)." [January 1993 scope note added; related term added. April 1991 descriptor moved; lead-in term added; descriptor changed, was "landscapes"; alternate term changed, was 'landscape'.]
- Northwestern United States - TGN 4011498 (general region): Typically refers to the states of Washington, Oregon, Montana, Idaho and Wyoming. It may also include some of northern California.
- Oregon - TGN 7007708
- waterfalls - May be used for artificial waterfalls only if highly naturalistic in form and context; otherwise prefer "cascades" or "fountains." [February 1996 related term added. June 1993 scope note changed.]
- Western United States - TGN 4011500 (general region): Typically refers to states West of the Rocky Mountains (New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, California) and Texas. The term may also sometimes include the states above Texas (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, and Oklahoma).
- image Dimensions: 234 x 184 mm (9.2 x 7.2 in.)
No open access image available
Your search criteria: Keyword is "DUPV" and [Objects]Display Artist is "H. A. Hale".View current selection of records as: