No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/7545
Women and Flowers, U.N. Esplanade1971 (printed ca. 1980)
347 x 261 mm (13.7 x 10.3 in.)
N. Jay Jaffee, American, b. born 1921
Object Type: photograph
Medium and Support: Gelatin silver print with selenium toning
Edition: Artist’s Proof 1/5; from a group of 23 images
Marks: Signed in pencil on verso: “N. Jay Jaffee”
Bibliography: Gene Baro, Jaffee (Brooklyn Museum, 1981), cat. no. 39; see artist’s correspondence in correspondence file.
Credit Line: Gift of Michael M. Senft, 1983
Accession Number: 1983.12.56
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- cities - Distinctions among villages, towns, and cities are relative and vary according to their individual regional contexts. Generally, cities designate large or important communities with population, status, and internal complexity greater than most towns in the region. [May 1996 related term added. January 1993 related term added.]
- flowers (plants) - Designates both the reproductive shoots of seed-bearing plants and entire flowering plants. [January 1995 descriptor changed, was "flowers"; alternate term changed, was "flower".]
- genre - Use for pictorial representations, which may be in various media, that represent scenes or events from everyday life; usually used with another term such as "paintings" or "prints." [April 1991 descriptor moved.]
- New York City - TGN 7007567 (“New York” preferred, “New York City” display; retained “City” for clarity)
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- image Dimensions: 347 x 261 mm (13.7 x 10.3 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available