Photo Credit: photo: M. Johnston
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/11678
Vegetable Market (Marché aux légumes, à Pontoise)1891 (restrike printed 1923)
255 x 203 mm (10 x 8 in.)
Camille Pissarro, French, (1831–1903)
- business - Use for the broad area of commercial or mercantile activity involving the exchange of commodities, services, or financial resources. W [February 1993 related term added. February 1991 descriptor moved. January 1991 scope note changed.]
- marketplaces - Use for widened streets, neighborhood or town squares, or other mostly open public spaces where booths and stalls may be erected for public sales. [July 1993 lead-in terms added.]
- markets (events) - Use for meetings of people at a stated time and place for the purpose of private buying and selling, usually not by auction. For exhibitions in which different exhibitors participate to publicize and promote their products, services, or activities, sometimes though not necessarily involving buying and selling, use "fairs." [April 1996 scope note changed; related term added. March 1993 scope note changed. May 1991 alternate term added.]
- restrikes - Impressions made from a printing surface or a die after the original edition or issue has been completed; refers especially to prints and to coins. [December 1992 descriptor added.]
- retail stores - Use for places of business where goods are sold directly to the ultimate consumers. [September 1994 related term added.]
- plate Dimensions: 255 x 203 mm (10 x 8 in.)
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Johnston) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "DVOR" and [Objects]Century is "19th/20th century" and [Objects]Display Artist is "Camille Pissarro".View current selection of records as: