Photo Credit: photo: T. Rodriguez
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/12753
Fish Market at Whitby1886-1934
363 x 507 mm (14.3 x 20 in.)
Frank Short, British (English), (1857–1945)
- cityscapes - Use for creative works that depict settlements that may be considered cities. For creative works depicting settlements that may be considered towns, use "townscapes (representations)." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer
- harbors - Designates well-sheltered inlets of water affording protection from wind and sea and sufficient depth to allow anchorage for vessels.
- marine views - Use For Term
- marketplaces - Use for widened streets, neighborhood or town squares, or other mostly open public spaces where booths and stalls may be erected for public sales. [July 1993 lead-in terms added.]
- markets (events) - Use for meetings of people at a stated time and place for the purpose of private buying and selling, usually not by auction. For exhibitions in which different exhibitors participate to publicize and promote their products, services, or activities, sometimes though not necessarily involving buying and selling, use "fairs." [April 1996 scope note changed; related term added. March 1993 scope note changed. May 1991 alternate term added.]
- ports - Use for settlement areas that combine a harbor and terminal facilities at the transition between land and water transportation systems.
- plate Dimensions: 363 x 507 mm (14.3 x 20 in.)
No open access image available
Your search criteria: Keyword is "DVOR" and [Objects]Century is "19th/20th century" and [Objects]Work Type is "Print".View current selection of records as: