Photo Credit: photo: R. Lee
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/11706
Cornelis Ploos van Amstel, Dutch, (1726–1798)
After Jan van Goyen, Dutch, (1596–1656)
- animals - This section can use more hierarchical (quasi-Linnaean) refinement in future; extant terms were assembled into a fairly flat and slightly redundant structure to expedite conversion.
- business - Use for the broad area of commercial or mercantile activity involving the exchange of commodities, services, or financial resources. W [February 1993 related term added. February 1991 descriptor moved. January 1991 scope note changed.]
- marketplaces - Use for widened streets, neighborhood or town squares, or other mostly open public spaces where booths and stalls may be erected for public sales. [July 1993 lead-in terms added.]
- markets (events) - Use for meetings of people at a stated time and place for the purpose of private buying and selling, usually not by auction. For exhibitions in which different exhibitors participate to publicize and promote their products, services, or activities, sometimes though not necessarily involving buying and selling, use "fairs." [April 1996 scope note changed; related term added. March 1993 scope note changed. May 1991 alternate term added.]
- retail stores - Use for places of business where goods are sold directly to the ultimate consumers. [September 1994 related term added.]
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: R. Lee) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "DVOR" and [Objects]Display Artist is "Cornelis Ploos van Amstel after Jan van Goyen".View current selection of records as: