Photo Credit: photo: M. Cook
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/8968
Fulton Market, N.Y.C.20th century
239 x 303 mm (9.4 x 11.9 in.)
Nat Lowell, American, (1879–1956)
- cityscapes - Use for creative works that depict settlements that may be considered cities. For creative works depicting settlements that may be considered towns, use "townscapes (representations)." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer
- marketplaces - Use for widened streets, neighborhood or town squares, or other mostly open public spaces where booths and stalls may be erected for public sales. [July 1993 lead-in terms added.]
- markets (events) - Use for meetings of people at a stated time and place for the purpose of private buying and selling, usually not by auction. For exhibitions in which different exhibitors participate to publicize and promote their products, services, or activities, sometimes though not necessarily involving buying and selling, use "fairs." [April 1996 scope note changed; related term added. March 1993 scope note changed. May 1991 alternate term added.]
- New York City - TGN 7007567 (“New York” preferred, “New York City” display; retained “City” for clarity)
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- plate Dimensions: 239 x 303 mm (9.4 x 11.9 in.)
No open access image available
Nat Lowell, American, (1879–1956) . Fulton Market, N.Y.C., 20th century. Color etching or etching with hand coloring on machine-made laid paper. plate : 239 x 303 mm (9.4 x 11.9 in.). Sheet : 326 x 410 mm (12.8 x 16.1 in.). DAC accession number 1982.41.7. Gift of Jonathan L. Rosner (BA Wesleyan 1954), 1982. (photo: M. Cook) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "DVOR".View current selection of records as: