Photo Credit: photo: T. Rodriguez
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/2205
The Old Market, Florence (Mercato Vecchio)1881
179 x 257 mm (7 x 10.1 in.)
Otto Henry Bacher, American, (1856–1909)
- cityscapes - Use for creative works that depict settlements that may be considered cities. For creative works depicting settlements that may be considered towns, use "townscapes (representations)." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer
- Florence - TGN 7000457 (standard English name used here for this well-known city)
- Italy - TGN 1000080
- marketplaces - Use for widened streets, neighborhood or town squares, or other mostly open public spaces where booths and stalls may be erected for public sales. [July 1993 lead-in terms added.]
- markets (events) - Use for meetings of people at a stated time and place for the purpose of private buying and selling, usually not by auction. For exhibitions in which different exhibitors participate to publicize and promote their products, services, or activities, sometimes though not necessarily involving buying and selling, use "fairs." [April 1996 scope note changed; related term added. March 1993 scope note changed. May 1991 alternate term added.]
- plate Dimensions: 179 x 257 mm (7 x 10.1 in.)
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: T. Rodriguez) .
Otto Henry Bacher, American, (1856–1909) . The Old Market, Florence (Mercato Vecchio), 1881. From The Florentine Series. Etching and drypoint printed in brown ink on laid paper. Second of two states. plate : 179 x 257 mm (7 x 10.1 in.). Sheet : 207 x 301 mm (8.1 x 11.9 in.). DAC accession number 1958.44.1. Campus Art Collection transfer (Art Department purchase funds), 1958. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: T. Rodriguez) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "DVOR".View current selection of records as: