Photo Credit: photo: J. Giammatteo
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/10713
The Woolworth Building1915
298 x 186 mm (11.7 x 7.3 in.)
Joseph Pennell, American, (1857–1926)
- architecture - Art or science of designing and building structures, especially habitable structures, in accordance with principles determined by aesthetic and practical or material considerations. Refers also to the structures created. [November 1994 related term added. October 1990 alternate term added.]
- business - Use for the broad area of commercial or mercantile activity involving the exchange of commodities, services, or financial resources. W [February 1993 related term added. February 1991 descriptor moved. January 1991 scope note changed.]
- cityscapes - Use for creative works that depict settlements that may be considered cities. For creative works depicting settlements that may be considered towns, use "townscapes (representations)." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer
- New York City - TGN 7007567 (“New York” preferred, “New York City” display; retained “City” for clarity)
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- skyscrapers - Use for exceptionally tall buildings of skeletal frame construction.
- plate Dimensions: 298 x 186 mm (11.7 x 7.3 in.)
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: J. Giammatteo) .
Joseph Pennell, American, (1857–1926) . The Woolworth Building, 1915. Etching printed in brown ink on laid paper. plate : 298 x 186 mm (11.7 x 7.3 in.). Sheet : 405 x 291 mm (15.9 x 11.5 in.). DAC accession number 1943.D1.280. Gift of George W. Davison (BA Wesleyan 1892), 1943. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: J. Giammatteo) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "DXSI".View current selection of records as: