Photo Credit: copy photo: J. Giammatteo
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/16000
Balcony of the Chinese Restaurant, Dupont Street, San Franciscoca. 1890-1900
219 x 196 mm (8.6 x 7.7 in.)
Isaiah West Taber, American, (1830–1912)
- architecture - Art or science of designing and building structures, especially habitable structures, in accordance with principles determined by aesthetic and practical or material considerations. Refers also to the structures created. [November 1994 related term added. October 1990 alternate term added.]
- balconies - Use for railed platforms projecting from the exterior walls of buildings. Use also for similar interior features, when small. For larger platforms which extend the length of one side of a room or are recessed behind an arcade, use "galleries (upper level spaces)." [March 1995 related term added. March 1993 descriptor moved.]
- California - TGN 7007157
- San Francisco - TGN 7014456
- Western United States - TGN 4011500 (general region): Typically refers to states West of the Rocky Mountains (New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, California) and Texas. The term may also sometimes include the states above Texas (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, and Oklahoma).
- image Dimensions: 219 x 196 mm (8.6 x 7.7 in.)
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (copy photo: J. Giammatteo) .