No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/1543
Crompton and Knowles Loom Works, Worcester, Massachusettsca. 1915-1935
181 x 236 mm (7.1 x 9.3 in.)
Object Type: photograph
Medium and Support: Gelatin silver print
Credit Line: Gift of Michael M. Senft, 1983
Accession Number: 19188.8.131.520
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- looms - Frames or machines for interlacing at right angles two or more sets of threads or yarns to form a cloth. W [August 1993 descriptor added.]
- Massachusetts - TGN 7007517
- New England - TGN 7014203 (general region): Refers to several states settled by English colonists, including Connecticut, Maine, Massaschusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. The coastline has many harbors. It is on a broad continental shelf, with forested hills inland. It was inhabited by the 9th mill. BCE; the Algonquians were here when the Europeans settled in early 17th century.
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- image Dimensions: 181 x 236 mm (7.1 x 9.3 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available