Photo Credit: copy photo: J. Giammatteo
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/7001
School near Cotton Mills, Winona, Miss.1911
Lewis Wickes Hine, American, (1874–1940)
- agriculture - Science or art of cultivating the soil, harvesting crops, and raising livestock. W [April 1996 descriptor moved. November 1995 related term added. July 1993 descriptor moved. February 1991 alternate term added.]
- children (people by age group) - People in the earliest developmental stage of life. [August 1996 related term added. February 1995 descriptor changed, was "children". September 1993 related term added. November 1992 alternate term added. February 1991 scope note added.]
- group portraits - Portraits depicting two or more individuals. [January 1995 scope note added. April 1991 descriptor moved.]
- labor - Usage in the sense of physical work
- schools - Individual buildings or groups of buildings designed or used as places of instruction. [June 1998 lead-in terms added, "educational building", "building, educational", "school building", "building, school", "educational facility", "facility, educ
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (copy photo: J. Giammatteo) .
Lewis Wickes Hine, American, (1874–1940) . School near Cotton Mills, Winona, Miss., 1911. Gelatin silver print. : mm (in.). DAC accession number 1991.37.2. Gift of Elaine Spear, 1991. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (copy photo: J. Giammatteo) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "EASK".View current selection of records as: