Photo Credit: photo: T. Rodriguez
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/9922
Church of San Miguel and Pueblo House at Santa Fe, N.M.ca. 1885
125 x 174 mm (4.9 x 6.9 in.)
Peter Moran, American, (1841–1914)
- architecture - Art or science of designing and building structures, especially habitable structures, in accordance with principles determined by aesthetic and practical or material considerations. Refers also to the structures created. [November 1994 related term added. October 1990 alternate term added.]
- houses - Individual dwellings designed to be occupied by a single tenant or family. [July 1995 descriptor moved. March 1995 scope note added. November 1992 related term added.]
- New Mexico - TGN 7007566
- religious buildings
- Southwest - TGN 4010660 (general region): Area to which term applies has changed with westward expansion of the USA; today usually refers to Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas; area is linked by arid climate & pastoral agricultural economy.
- Western United States - TGN 4011500 (general region): Typically refers to states West of the Rocky Mountains (New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, California) and Texas. The term may also sometimes include the states above Texas (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, and Oklahoma).
- plate Dimensions: 125 x 174 mm (4.9 x 6.9 in.)
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: T. Rodriguez) .