Photo Credit: photo: M. Cook
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/2056
God’s Mirror (Vermont)1944
33 x 60 mm (1.3 x 2.4 in.)
John Taylor Arms, American, (1887–1953)
- landscapes (representations) - Use for creative works that depict outdoor scenes where the picture is dominated by the configuration, visual and aesthetic, of the land, bodies of water, and natural elements. When the ocean or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer "views" or "topographical views." For actual areas of land having certain notable characteristics, use "landscapes (environments)." [January 1993 scope note added; related term added. April 1991 descriptor moved; lead-in term added; descriptor changed, was "landscapes"; alternate term changed, was 'landscape'.]
- mirrors - Use for objects with a highly polished surface, often framed, which are designed to reflect images.
- New England - TGN 7014203 (general region): Refers to several states settled by English colonists, including Connecticut, Maine, Massaschusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. The coastline has many harbors. It is on a broad continental shelf, with forested hills inland. It was inhabited by the 9th mill. BCE; the Algonquians were here when the Europeans settled in early 17th century.
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- Vermont - TGN 7007828
- plate Dimensions: 33 x 60 mm (1.3 x 2.4 in.)
No open access image available
John Taylor Arms, American, (1887–1953) . God’s Mirror (Vermont), 1944. From Christmas Card Series (also in Miniature Series). Etching on paper, probably handmade. Third of three states. plate : 33 x 60 mm (1.3 x 2.4 in.). Sheet : 96 x 130 mm (3.8 x 5.1 in.). DAC accession number 1953.D1.83. Bequest of George W. Davison (BA Wesleyan 1892), 1953. (photo: M. Cook) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "EFC".View current selection of records as: