No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/7546
Man and Woman in Shadows, Brighton Beach1974 (printed ca. 1980)
347 x 261 mm (13.7 x 10.3 in.)
N. Jay Jaffee, American, b. born 1921
Object Type: photograph
Medium and Support: Gelatin silver print with selenium toning
Edition: Artist’s Proof 1/5; from a group of 23 images
Marks: Signed in pencil on verso: “N. Jay Jaffee”
Bibliography: Gene Baro, Jaffee (Brooklyn Museum, 1981), cat. no. 48; see artist’s correspondence in correspondence file.
Credit Line: Gift of Michael M. Senft, 1983
Accession Number: 1983.12.57
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
double portraits*, group portraits*, marine views*, New York City*, Northeastern United States*, shadows
- double portraits - Group portraits depicting two individuals. [February 1995 descriptor added.]
- group portraits - Portraits depicting two or more individuals. [January 1995 scope note added. April 1991 descriptor moved.]
- marine views - Use For Term
- New York City - TGN 7007567 (“New York” preferred, “New York City” display; retained “City” for clarity)
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- image Dimensions: 347 x 261 mm (13.7 x 10.3 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available