Photo Credit: photo: M. Johnston
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/12109
The Statue before Ruins1763-1764
136 x 95 mm (5.4 x 3.7 in.)
Hubert Robert, French, (1733–1808)
- Italy - TGN 1000080
- Neoclassical - Use for architecture and art of the late 18th and the 19th centuries that follow principles of classicism. For late 18th- to early 20th-century architecture and ornament based relatively closely on ancient classical forms, use "Classical Revival." [May 1993 related terms added.]
- Rome - TGN 7000874 (standard English name used here for this well-known city)
- ruins - Use generally for remains of buildings or groups of buildings that have been destroyed or are in a state of great disrepair or decay.
- sculpture - Use for works of art in which images and forms are carried out primarily in three dimensions, especially those that retain the quality of being tangible objects or groups of objects. As works become more diffused in space or time, or less tangi
- plate Dimensions: 136 x 95 mm (5.4 x 3.7 in.)
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Johnston) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "EHRC" and [Objects]Work Type is "Print".View current selection of records as: