Photo Credit: photo: M. Johnston
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/2616
Road and Bridge over the Mohawk Riverca. 1830-1840
262 x 315 mm (10.3 x 12.4 in.)
Louis-Pierre-Alphonse Bichebois, French, (1801–1850)
After F. Jacques Milbert, French
- bridges (built works) - Structures spanning and providing passage over waterways, topographic depressions, transportation routes, or similar circulation barriers. [September 1994 scope note added; related term added. March 1993 descriptor changed, was 'bridges'; alternate term changed, was 'bridge'.]
- early lithography
- early lithography in America
- landscapes (representations) - Use for creative works that depict outdoor scenes where the picture is dominated by the configuration, visual and aesthetic, of the land, bodies of water, and natural elements. When the ocean or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer "views" or "topographical views." For actual areas of land having certain notable characteristics, use "landscapes (environments)." [January 1993 scope note added; related term added. April 1991 descriptor moved; lead-in term added; descriptor changed, was "landscapes"; alternate term changed, was 'landscape'.]
- lithography - Planographic printing process in which a design is deposited on the stone or plate with a greasy substance and the surface is chemically treated to accept ink only in the greasy areas. [August 1996 alternate term added. March 1995 related term added. January 1993 related terms added. October 1991 scope note changed; descriptor moved.]
- sheet Dimensions: 262 x 315 mm (10.3 x 12.4 in.)
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Johnston) .
Louis-Pierre-Alphonse Bichebois, French, (1801–1850) F. Jacques Milbert, French . Road and Bridge over the Mohawk River, ca. 1830-1840. From Amérique Septentrionale. Lithograph on chine collé. sheet : 262 x 315 mm (10.3 x 12.4 in.). DAC accession number 1982.46.6. Gift of Brian Douglas Gracie (BA Wesleyan 1969), 1982. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Johnston) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "EIPY" and [Objects]Century is "19th century".View current selection of records as: