Photo Credit: photo: R. Lee
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/6292
Explanatory Sheet: Thirty-three Prints on the Art of Bullfighting (Treinta y tres estampas que representan diferentes suertes y actitudes del arte de lidiar los Toros…)1816
Francisco de Goya, Spanish, (1746–1828)
- animals - This section can use more hierarchical (quasi-Linnaean) refinement in future; extant terms were assembled into a fairly flat and slightly redundant structure to expedite conversion.
- bullfighting - From TGM: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/tgm/item/tgm001419
- plans (drawings) - Use for orthographic drawings in the horizontal plane, generally depicting discrete objects or spaces. Can also be used for a set of drawings for a project. For general reference to depictions or photographs showing structures or sites seen from directly above, use "plan views." For representations in plan view of portions of the earth's surface, emphasizing arterial or regional relationships and using larger scales, prefer "maps." [April 1992 descriptor moved. September 1991 descriptor changed, was "plans"; alternate term changed, was 'plan'. April 1991 scope note changed.]
- sports - Use for games that involve a reasonable degree of individual skill and physical prowess. [June 1993 related term added. March 1993 scope note changed; related terms added; descriptor moved. February 1991 scope note added; alternate term added.]
- text - With reference to an individual page or sheet, such as a poster, use for the main body of type or written matter, as opposed to the illustrations, margins, borders, headings, or other features. With reference to a book or periodical, use for the main body of the writing, as distinct from front matter, notes, index, appendix, and bibliography. [May 1994 descriptor added.]
- violence - The use of physical force so as to kill, injure, damage, or abuse. WCOL9 [February 1993 descriptor moved. May 1991 descriptor added.]
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: R. Lee) .
Francisco de Goya, Spanish, (1746–1828) . Explanatory Sheet: Thirty-three Prints on the Art of Bullfighting (Treinta y tres estampas que representan diferentes suertes y actitudes del arte de lidiar los Toros…), 1816. From The Art of Bullfighting (La Tauromaquia). Etching and aquatint. : mm (in.). DAC accession number 1949.D3.8.34. Gift of George W. Davison (BA Wesleyan 1892), 1949. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: R. Lee) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "FLN".View current selection of records as: