Photo Credit: photo: M. Johnston
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/10785
Ball Celebrating the Marriage of Archduchess Marianne and Charles, Prince of Lorraine (Facciata in verduta dall ’ingresso della Cavallerizza coperta della Real Corte di Vienna...)1744
350 x 500 mm (13.8 x 19.7 in.)
Johann Andreas Pfeffel (aka Johann Andreas Pfeffel I), German, (1674–1748)
After Giuseppe Galli Bibiena, Italian, (1696–1756)
- balls (parties)
- celebrations - Events demonstrating grateful or happy satisfaction or honor, marked by festivities, refraining from ordinary business, or other deviations from accustomed routine. For events serving specifically to call someone or something to remembrance, use "commemorations." [September 1993 related term added. March 1993 related term added. April 1992 scope note added. May 1991 alternate term added.]
- festivals - Gala occasions devoted to community observances, such as harvests or anniversaries of notable persons; also cultural events consisting typically of a series of performances of works in the arts. W [May 1991 alternate term added.]
- royalty - Class within the nobility consisting of those who are descended from or related to a monarch or line of monarchs. [February 1993 alternate term deleted, was 'royal'. January 1993 related term added. December 1990 descriptor added.]
- theater (discipline) - Use for the professionally oriented study of theater, involving training, practice, and study in the processes of doing theater. For the academically oriented study of theater, use "drama." [August 1995 descriptor changed, was "theater". April 1993 related term added.]
- plate Dimensions: 350 x 500 mm (13.8 x 19.7 in.)
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Johnston) .
Johann Andreas Pfeffel (aka Johann Andreas Pfeffel I), German, (1674–1748) Giuseppe Galli Bibiena, Italian, (1696–1756) . Ball Celebrating the Marriage of Archduchess Marianne and Charles, Prince of Lorraine (Facciata in verduta dall ’ingresso della Cavallerizza coperta della Real Corte di Vienna, ridotta in Sala per Comando di S.M. la Regina…in occasione delle Nozze della Serma. Arciduchessa Marianna, con il Sermo Principe Carlo di Lorenza, espota con le dar confusione al Dissegno. Le dette Lumiere di Cristallo appese in mezzo crano al numero di 40, e l’Illuminazione era composta di 8000. Lumi, tutte candele di Cera fina.), 1744. Engraving and etching. plate : 350 x 500 mm (13.8 x 19.7 in.). DAC accession number 1968.17.2. Friends of the Davison Art Center funds, 1968. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Johnston) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "FMS".View current selection of records as: