No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/8510
Soldier on Foot with Rifle1987
David Levinthal, American, b. born 1949
Object Type: photograph
Medium and Support: Acrylic jet-spray on canvas
Provenance / Collectors' Marks: Acquired from the artist by the donor; exhibited at 303 Gallery, New York
Credit Line: Gift of Ehlers Caudill Gallery Ltd. and the artist, 1992
Accession Number: 1992.7.1
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- Conceptual art - LCSH Link
- firearms - Use generally for weapons using the power of exploding gunpowder to propel a projectile. POLLAR
- sex role - Pattern of attitudes and behavior that in any society is deemed appropriate to one sex rather than another. For the concept of physiological traits that distinguish the males and females of a species, use "sex." For the sum of an individual's sexual emotions, ideas, and behavior, use "sexuality." ERIC9 [February 1993 descriptor moved. December 1992 related term added. November 1991 related terms added. January 1991 scope note added. May 1990 lead-in term added.]
- soldiers - Use generally for those belonging to an army, whether that of a sovereign state, a faction or division within a sovereign state, or of an individual leader. Use also specifically for military personnel of enlisted rank, as distinguished from commissioned officers. For those trained for or engaged in the physical combat of warfare and sanctioned in that function by the society or group for which they fight, irrespective of actual membership in an army, use "warriors." [November 1997 scope note changed; related term added. November 1996 related term deleted, was "knights (landholders)". February 1993 scope note changed; descriptor moved. December 1992 related terms added; alternate term added. November 1990 descriptor added.]
- war - From TGM: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/tgm/item/tgm011468
- weapons - Implements or mechanisms used for defense or attack in combat, hunting, or war.
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available
David Levinthal, American, b. born 1949 . Soldier on Foot with Rifle, 1987. Acrylic jet-spray on canvas. : mm (in.). DAC accession number 1992.7.1. Gift of Ehlers Caudill Gallery Ltd. and the artist, 1992.
Your search criteria: Keyword is "FQFV".View current selection of records as: