No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/7557
Portrait, Car Repair Shop, Brooklyn1954 (printed ca. 1980)
347 x 261 mm (13.7 x 10.3 in.)
N. Jay Jaffee, American, b. born 1921
Object Type: photograph
Medium and Support: Gelatin silver print with selenium toning
Edition: Artist’s Proof 1/5; from a group of 23 images
Marks: Signed in pencil on verso: “N. Jay Jaffee”
Bibliography: Gene Baro, Jaffee (Brooklyn Museum, 1981), cat. no. 22; see artist’s correspondence in correspondence file.
Credit Line: Gift of Michael M. Senft, 1983
Accession Number: 1983.12.68
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
architecture*, automobiles*, cities*, New York City*, Northeastern United States*, portraits*, storefronts*, transportation
- architecture - Art or science of designing and building structures, especially habitable structures, in accordance with principles determined by aesthetic and practical or material considerations. Refers also to the structures created. [November 1994 related term added. October 1990 alternate term added.]
- automobiles - Use for self-propelled vehicles designed primarily to transport passengers over ordinary roads.
- cities - Distinctions among villages, towns, and cities are relative and vary according to their individual regional contexts. Generally, cities designate large or important communities with population, status, and internal complexity greater than most towns in the region. [May 1996 related term added. January 1993 related term added.]
- New York City - TGN 7007567 (“New York” preferred, “New York City” display; retained “City” for clarity)
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- portraits - Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness; for representations of fictional or mythological characters, use "figures (representations)." [March 1993 lead-in term added. April 1991 descriptor m
- storefronts - Facades of stores or store buildings fronting a street and usually containing window display spaces. RHDEL2 [March 1993 descriptor moved. June 1991 scope note changed.]
- image Dimensions: 347 x 261 mm (13.7 x 10.3 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available