Photo Credit: photo: J. Giammatteo
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/14013
Eleven Seated Figures (actors, musicians and one dancer)19th century
370 x 250 mm (14.6 x 9.8 in.)
Kunisada Utagawa , aka Kôchôrô, Toyokuni III, Japanese, (1786–1864)
- actors - Persons who portray roles in dramatic productions to interpret character or present characterization to an audience. DOT [February 1993 lead-in term added. November 1992 alternate term added.]
- music - The art concerned with the combining of vocal or instrumental sounds in measured time to communicate emotions, ideas, or states of mind, usually according to cultural standards of rhythm, melody, and, in most Western music, harmony. [January 1995 scope note added. December 1991 related term added; related term added.]
- musical instruments - Sound-producing apparatuses whose primary function is to play music.
- musicians - Those skilled or specializing in the art or practice of music, such as composers, conductors, and performers. [January 1995 scope note added. February 1993 descriptor moved. November 1992 alternate term added. March 1992 related terms added.]
- theater (discipline) - Use for the professionally oriented study of theater, involving training, practice, and study in the processes of doing theater. For the academically oriented study of theater, use "drama." [August 1995 descriptor changed, was "theater". April 1993 related term added.]
- triptychs - Paintings or carvings consisting of or mounted on three attached panels, often hinged so that the outer wings fold over the central portion; a common form for altarpieces. Also used for other works having three related images side by side.
- image Dimensions: 370 x 250 mm (14.6 x 9.8 in.)
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: J. Giammatteo) .
Kunisada Utagawa , aka Kôchôrô, Toyokuni III, Japanese, (1786–1864) . Eleven Seated Figures (actors, musicians and one dancer), 19th century. Color woodcut. image : 370 x 250 mm (14.6 x 9.8 in.). DAC accession number 1948.D2.195A-C. Gift of George W. Davison (BA Wesleyan 1892), 1948. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: J. Giammatteo) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "GJAO" and [Objects]Display Artist is "Kunisada Utagawa".View current selection of records as: