Photo Credit: photo: R. Lancefield
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/14022
Rainy Scene on a Bridge (Ame no To no Sue)ca. 1849-1853
367 x 252 mm (14.4 x 9.9 in.)
Kunisada Utagawa , aka Kôchôrô, Toyokuni III, Japanese, (1786–1864)
- bridges (built works) - Structures spanning and providing passage over waterways, topographic depressions, transportation routes, or similar circulation barriers. [September 1994 scope note added; related term added. March 1993 descriptor changed, was 'bridges'; alternate term changed, was 'bridge'.]
- triptychs - Paintings or carvings consisting of or mounted on three attached panels, often hinged so that the outer wings fold over the central portion; a common form for altarpieces. Also used for other works having three related images side by side.
- Portable, usually waterproof canopies consisting of a frame with hinged ribs radiating from a center pole with handle, carried for protection against the weather. [November 1995 related term deleted, was "
". June 1992 descriptor added.]
- weather - State of the atmosphere with respect to such factors as wind, temperature, cloudiness, moisture, and pressure. For the long-term total of atmospheric variations at a specific geographical location, use "climate." [May 1993 related term added. December 1992 scope note added. November 1992 descriptor moved.]
- image Dimensions: 367 x 252 mm (14.4 x 9.9 in.)
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: R. Lancefield) .
Kunisada Utagawa , aka Kôchôrô, Toyokuni III, Japanese, (1786–1864) . Rainy Scene on a Bridge (Ame no To no Sue), ca. 1849-1853. Color woodcut. image : 367 x 252 mm (14.4 x 9.9 in.). Sheet : 374 x 256 mm (14.7 x 10.1 in.). DAC accession number 1948.D2.315A. Gift of George W. Davison (BA Wesleyan 1892), 1948. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: R. Lancefield) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "GJAO" and [Objects]Display Artist is "Kunisada Utagawa".View current selection of records as: