No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/12198
Marines of the 28th Regiment of the Fifth Division raise the American flag atop Mt. Suribachi, Iwo Jima1945
279 x 356 mm (11 x 14 in.)
Joe Rosenthal, American, b. born 1911
- flags - Use for pieces of cloth or other flexible material, usually attached along one side to a pole or cord, intended for such purposes as symbolizing a nation or organization, or as a means of signaling. RHDEL2 [June 1992 descriptor added.]
- journalism - Use for the communications field concerned with the collection, preparation, and distribution of news and related commentary through the mass media, both print and electronic. [May 1996 related terms added; scope note added. February 1991 alternate term added.]
- news photographs
- war - From TGM: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/tgm/item/tgm011468
- World War II
- world wars - Wars that involve most of the leading political and military powers of the world or most of the earth's territory. [July 1993 descriptor added.]
- sheet Dimensions: 279 x 356 mm (11 x 14 in.)
No open access image available
Joe Rosenthal, American, b. born 1911 . Marines of the 28th Regiment of the Fifth Division raise the American flag atop Mt. Suribachi, Iwo Jima, 1945. Gelatin silver print. sheet : 279 x 356 mm (11 x 14 in.). DAC accession number 19220.127.116.11. Gift of Russell G. D’Oench, Jr., 1991.
Your search criteria: Keyword is "GLUP" and [Objects]Display Artist is "Joe Rosenthal".View current selection of records as: