No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/1599
Giant dirigible Hindenberg crashes to ground in flames, Lakehurst, New Jersey1937
279 x 356 mm (11 x 14 in.)
Object Type: photograph
Medium and Support: Gelatin silver print
Edition: Photograph taken 15 February 1937; printed from the original negative
Provenance / Collectors' Marks: Purchased by the donor from the Associated Press
Bibliography: Image published in The Associated Press, The Instant It Happened (New York: Harry N. Abrams, 1976), pp. 46–47; see donor file for A.P. commentary.
Credit Line: Gift of Russell G. D’Oench, Jr., 1991
Accession Number: 19184.108.40.206
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
disasters*, fire*, journalism*, New Jersey*, news photographs, Northeastern United States*, photojournalism
- disasters - Sudden calamitous events producing great material damage, loss, or distress. W [July 1990 descriptor added.]
- fire - From TGM: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/tgm/item/tgm003993
- journalism - Use for the communications field concerned with the collection, preparation, and distribution of news and related commentary through the mass media, both print and electronic. [May 1996 related terms added; scope note added. February 1991 alternate term added.]
- New Jersey - TGN 7007565
- news photographs
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
Location Latitude: American, Longitude: D'Oench
- sheet Dimensions: 279 x 356 mm (11 x 14 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available