No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/3021
Navaho Hogan, Monument Valley, Utah1983
506 x 404 mm (19.9 x 15.9 in.)
Marilyn Bridges, American, b. born 1948
- aerial photographs - Use for photographs of the earth taken from aircraft. For photographs taken from beyond the earth's atmosphere, use "space photographs." For photographs of celestial bodies or astronomical phenomena, use "astrophotographs." [April 1992 descriptor moved.]
- aerial views - Use to designate views achieved by photographing from an aircraft or other high location. When emphasizing the photograph itself, use "aerial photographs." For nonphotographic depictions having high viewpoints, use "bird's-eye views" or "bird's-eye perspectives." [April 1991 descriptor moved.]
- architecture - Art or science of designing and building structures, especially habitable structures, in accordance with principles determined by aesthetic and practical or material considerations. Refers also to the structures created. [November 1994 related term added. October 1990 alternate term added.]
- houses - Individual dwellings designed to be occupied by a single tenant or family. [July 1995 descriptor moved. March 1995 scope note added. November 1992 related term added.]
- landscapes (representations) - Use for creative works that depict outdoor scenes where the picture is dominated by the configuration, visual and aesthetic, of the land, bodies of water, and natural elements. When the ocean or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer "views" or "topographical views." For actual areas of land having certain notable characteristics, use "landscapes (environments)." [January 1993 scope note added; related term added. April 1991 descriptor moved; lead-in term added; descriptor changed, was "landscapes"; alternate term changed, was 'landscape'.]
- Native Americans
- Utah - TGN 7007827
- Western United States - TGN 4011500 (general region): Typically refers to states West of the Rocky Mountains (New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, California) and Texas. The term may also sometimes include the states above Texas (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, and Oklahoma).
- image Dimensions: 506 x 404 mm (19.9 x 15.9 in.)
No open access image available
Your search criteria: Keyword is "GLUZ" and [Objects]Display Artist is "Marilyn Bridges".View current selection of records as: