Photo Credit: photo: J. Giammatteo
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/403
Fujisawa: Yugyôji [temple name]ca. 1833-1834
Andô Hiroshige, aka (Hiroshige) Andô, Ichiryûsai [Ichiriusai], Ichiyûsai, Ryûsai, Japanese, (1797–1858)
- impressions (prints) - Use when emphasizing the individual image produced by a single instance of printing. For printed images more generally, use "prints." [July 1998 qualifier added.]
- landscapes (representations) - Use for creative works that depict outdoor scenes where the picture is dominated by the configuration, visual and aesthetic, of the land, bodies of water, and natural elements. When the ocean or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer "views" or "topographical views." For actual areas of land having certain notable characteristics, use "landscapes (environments)." [January 1993 scope note added; related term added. April 1991 descriptor moved; lead-in term added; descriptor changed, was "landscapes"; alternate term changed, was 'landscape'.]
- oban - Japanese prints of a standard size about 15 3/4 by 10 1/2 inches. HILLNA
- religious art - Use broadly for art depicting religious subjects or for art used in worship. [September 1993 descriptor added.]
- temples - Use for religious buildings dedicated to the service of a deity or deities, often housing a cult image; do not use for such Christian or Islamic religious buildings, prefer "churches" or "mosques." May also be used for Protestant places of worship in France and some French-speaking regions. [February 1995 scope note added.]
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: J. Giammatteo) .