Photo Credit: photo: J. Giammatteo
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/395
Nihon-bashi: Morning View (asa no kei)ca. 1833-1834
Andô Hiroshige, aka (Hiroshige) Andô, Ichiryûsai [Ichiriusai], Ichiyûsai, Ryûsai, Japanese, (1797–1858)
- bridges (built works) - Structures spanning and providing passage over waterways, topographic depressions, transportation routes, or similar circulation barriers. [September 1994 scope note added; related term added. March 1993 descriptor changed, was 'bridges'; alternate term changed, was 'bridge'.]
- impressions (prints) - Use when emphasizing the individual image produced by a single instance of printing. For printed images more generally, use "prints." [July 1998 qualifier added.]
- Japan - TGN 1000120
- landscapes (representations) - Use for creative works that depict outdoor scenes where the picture is dominated by the configuration, visual and aesthetic, of the land, bodies of water, and natural elements. When the ocean or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer "views" or "topographical views." For actual areas of land having certain notable characteristics, use "landscapes (environments)." [January 1993 scope note added; related term added. April 1991 descriptor moved; lead-in term added; descriptor changed, was "landscapes"; alternate term changed, was 'landscape'.]
- oban - Japanese prints of a standard size about 15 3/4 by 10 1/2 inches. HILLNA
- Tokyo - TGN 7004472 (anglicized form without macrons used here as English name for the well-known city)
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: J. Giammatteo) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "GMIO".View current selection of records as: