Photo Credit: photo: T. Rodriguez
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/7324
Sea-Side Sketches—A Clam-Bake1873
233 x 353 mm (9.2 x 13.9 in.)
Winslow Homer, American, (1836–1910)
- food - Use for any material that can be digested or absorbed by the body of a human or other animal and used as a source of energy or some essential nutrient, to build and replace tissue, or to relieve hunger. [April 1995 descriptor changed, was "foodstuff"; lead-in terms added.]
- genre - Use for pictorial representations, which may be in various media, that represent scenes or events from everyday life; usually used with another term such as "paintings" or "prints." [April 1991 descriptor moved.]
- marine views - Use For Term
- sketches - Use for rough or summary art works; less finished than studies. Though sketches are often in the drawing medium, the term "drawings" in general implies more finished works than does "sketches." [April 1993 lead-in term added. April 1991 descriptor moved. February 1991 related terms added.]
- image Dimensions: 233 x 353 mm (9.2 x 13.9 in.)
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: T. Rodriguez) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "GNRE".View current selection of records as: