Photo Credit: photo: R. Lee
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/2435
Mother and Child17th century
Cornelis Bega, Dutch, (1631–1664)
- children (offspring) - Use For Term
- children (people by age group) - People in the earliest developmental stage of life. [August 1996 related term added. February 1995 descriptor changed, was "children". September 1993 related term added. November 1992 alternate term added. February 1991 scope note added.]
- genre - Use for pictorial representations, which may be in various media, that represent scenes or events from everyday life; usually used with another term such as "paintings" or "prints." [April 1991 descriptor moved.]
- maternity - State of being a mother; also the qualities belonging to or associated with being a mother or being pregnant. [March 1994 scope note changed; related term added; lead-in term added. June 1992 descriptor added.]
- peasants - Use for free people who support themselves by tilling the soil, either as small landholders or hired laborers. For the social class comprised of these people, use "peasantry." For those in a condition of servitude under feudalism, owing services to a lord and commonly attached to the lord's land, use "serfs." [December 1992 descriptor added.]
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: R. Lee) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "GNXG" and [Objects]Display Artist is "Cornelis Bega".View current selection of records as: