No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/11386
Plan and Section of the Reservoir of the Accomodation Marked in the Map on Plate XII with the Letter I… (Pianta e sezione della Conserva dell’acqua degli alloggiamenti accennati nella Topografia della Tav. XII con la lett. I…)18th century
380 x 265 mm (15 x 10.4 in.)
Giovanni Battista Piranesi, Italian, (1720–1778)
- architecture - Art or science of designing and building structures, especially habitable structures, in accordance with principles determined by aesthetic and practical or material considerations. Refers also to the structures created. [November 1994 related term added. October 1990 alternate term added.]
- Italy - TGN 1000080
- maps - Documents depicting in graphic or photogrammetric form, normally to scale and usually on a flat medium, a selection of material or abstract features on or in relation to the surface of the earth or of a heavenly body, and generally emphasizing arterial or regional relationships. For similar representations on a horizontal plane but for depicting smaller-scale objects and spaces, use "plans (drawings)." ICA [November 1992 descriptor moved. April 1991 scope note changed.]
- plans (drawings) - Use for orthographic drawings in the horizontal plane, generally depicting discrete objects or spaces. Can also be used for a set of drawings for a project. For general reference to depictions or photographs showing structures or sites seen from directly above, use "plan views." For representations in plan view of portions of the earth's surface, emphasizing arterial or regional relationships and using larger scales, prefer "maps." [April 1992 descriptor moved. September 1991 descriptor changed, was "plans"; alternate term changed, was 'plan'. April 1991 scope note changed.]
- reservoirs (water distribution structures) - Use for places or receptacles where fluids are accumulated and retained until needed. [March 1993 descriptor changed, was 'reservoirs'; alternate term changed, was 'reservoir'.]
- sections - Orthographic drawings of a building, object, or site as if cut through and exposed at one specific plane. [April 1992 descriptor moved.]
- plate Dimensions: 380 x 265 mm (15 x 10.4 in.)
No open access image available
Giovanni Battista Piranesi, Italian, (1720–1778) . Plan and Section of the Reservoir of the Accomodation Marked in the Map on Plate XII with the Letter I… (Pianta e sezione della Conserva dell’acqua degli alloggiamenti accennati nella Topografia della Tav. XII con la lett. I…), 18th century. From Antichità d’Albano e di Castel Gandolfo Descritte ed incise da Giovambatista Piranesi. Etching. plate : 380 x 265 mm (15 x 10.4 in.). DAC accession number Retrospective TBD. Gift of George W. Davison (BA Wesleyan 1892).
Your search criteria: Keyword is "GPNB".View current selection of records as: