Photo Credit: photo: T. Rodriguez
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/7304
St. Valentine’s Day—The Old Story in All Lands1868
343 x 230 mm (13.5 x 9.1 in.)
Winslow Homer, American, (1836–1910)
- genre - Use for pictorial representations, which may be in various media, that represent scenes or events from everyday life; usually used with another term such as "paintings" or "prints." [April 1991 descriptor moved.]
- sex role - Pattern of attitudes and behavior that in any society is deemed appropriate to one sex rather than another. For the concept of physiological traits that distinguish the males and females of a species, use "sex." For the sum of an individual's sexual emotions, ideas, and behavior, use "sexuality." ERIC9 [February 1993 descriptor moved. December 1992 related term added. November 1991 related terms added. January 1991 scope note added. May 1990 lead-in term added.]
- sexuality - Use generally for the sum of an individual's sexual emotions, ideas, and behavior. For the pattern of attitudes and behavior that in any society is deemed appropriate to one sex rather than another, use "sex role." For the concept of the physiological traits that distinguish the males and females of a species, use "sex." [February 1993 descriptor moved. January 1991 scope note added; related term added.]
- valentines - Greeting cards sent to a sweetheart on Saint Valentine's Day. AHD [November 1992 descriptor moved.]
- image Dimensions: 343 x 230 mm (13.5 x 9.1 in.)
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: T. Rodriguez) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "GRLF".View current selection of records as: