Photo Credit: copy photo: J. Giammatteo
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/12876
Man in a Mirror1940 (printed 1980)
356 x 279 mm (14 x 11 in.)
Aaron Siskind, American, (1903–1991)
- African American culture
- male portraits
- mirrors - Use for objects with a highly polished surface, often framed, which are designed to reflect images.
- New York City - TGN 7007567 (“New York” preferred, “New York City” display; retained “City” for clarity)
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- portraits - Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness; for representations of fictional or mythological characters, use "figures (representations)." [March 1993 lead-in term added. April 1991 descriptor m
- sheet Dimensions: 356 x 279 mm (14 x 11 in.)
No open access image available
Aaron Siskind, American, (1903–1991) . Man in a Mirror, 1940 (printed 1980). From Harlem Document. Gelatin silver print. sheet : 356 x 279 mm (14 x 11 in.). DAC accession number 1984.35.7. Gift of Ann and Seth B. Rosner (BA Wesleyan 1952), 1984. (copy photo: J. Giammatteo) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "GXFJ".View current selection of records as: