No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/9098
Hens in a Hearse, Mayo1971 (printed ca. 2007)
370 x 560 mm (14.6 x 22 in.)
Alen MacWeeney, Irish, b. born 1939
Object Type: photograph
Medium and Support: Endura color photographic print on photographic paper
Series: from portfolio Selected Images of Ireland
Marks: Signed in ink on verso, bottom center: “Alen MacWeeney 1971”
Bibliography: On the artist’s work in general, see Valerie Moolman, “Alen MacWeeney—An Irish Odyssey: The Tale of the Tinker,” Aperture no. 82 (1979), pp. 54–65.
Credit Line: Gift of Philippe M. Salomon (BA Wesleyan 1970), 2008
Accession Number: 2008.18.4
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- animals - This section can use more hierarchical (quasi-Linnaean) refinement in future; extant terms were assembled into a fairly flat and slightly redundant structure to expedite conversion.
- hearses - Use for wheeled vehicles designed to carry bodies to gravesites.
- humor - That quality in speech, writing, action, or situation that appeals to a sense of what is absurdly incongruous or amusing. [April 1998 scope note added; related term added, "humorists"; UK descriptor added, "humour"; UK alternate descriptor added, "humourous".]
- Ireland (island) - TGN 7001181 (use for historical images not currently assignable by location in a definitive way to either the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland)
- image Dimensions: 370 x 560 mm (14.6 x 22 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available