No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/15322
Dryburgh Abbey—Tomb of Sir Walter Scottca. 1860-1890
86 x 175 mm (3.4 x 6.9 in.)
George Washington Wilson, British (Scottish), (1823–1893)
Object Type: photograph
Medium and Support: Photographic stereo view mounted on card
Collection: The Marvin Housworth ’60 Collection of Geo. Washington Wilson Stereoviews
Bibliography: The University of Aberdeen Photographic Archive’s George Washington Wilson and Co. Photographic Collection at http://www.abdn.ac.uk/historic/gww has general information about George Washington Wilson, as well as online images of many works that also are represented in the Davison Art Center Collection.
Credit Line: Gift of Marvin Housworth from The Marvin Housworth ’60 Collection of Geo. Washington Wilson Stereoviews, 2009
Accession Number: 2009.20.148
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- abbeys - Designates independent and canonically erected monasteries, ruled by an abbot if occupied by monks and by an abbess if occupied by nuns.
- graves - Excavations in the earth used for burial; for constructions raised over or around burial sites, use "tombs." [April 1993 related term added.]
- stereographs - Use specifically for those stereoscopic photographs that are in the form of photographic prints on cards. [April 1993 scope note changed. April 1992 descriptor moved.]
- United Kingdom - TGN 7008591
- card (general for group) Dimensions: 86 x 175 mm (3.4 x 6.9 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available