No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/1602
Explosion of the Space Shuttle Challenger1986
279 x 356 mm (11 x 14 in.)
Object Type: photograph
Medium and Support: Color photographic print
Edition: Photograph taken 28 January 1986; printed from the original negative
Provenance / Collectors' Marks: Purchased by the donor from the Associated Press
Bibliography: See donor file for A.P. commentary.
Credit Line: Gift of Russell G. D’Oench, Jr., 1991
Accession Number: 19188.8.131.52
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
aircraft*, death, disasters*, explosions*, journalism*, news photographs, photojournalism, technology, transportation
- aircraft - Use for vehicles that navigate through the air, either supported for flight by buoyancy or by the dynamic action of the air on their surfaces; usually designed to accommodate one or more persons.
- disasters - Sudden calamitous events producing great material damage, loss, or distress. W [July 1990 descriptor added.]
- explosions - Sudden occurrences of violent expansion or bursting, intentional or accidental, caused by rapidly-developed internal energy, as by chemical or nuclear reaction, or esape of gases or vapors. [September 1997 descriptor added.]
- journalism - Use for the communications field concerned with the collection, preparation, and distribution of news and related commentary through the mass media, both print and electronic. [May 1996 related terms added; scope note added. February 1991 alternate term added.]
- news photographs
Location Latitude: American, Longitude: D'Oench
- sheet Dimensions: 279 x 356 mm (11 x 14 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available