Photo Credit: photo: J. Giammatteo
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/12623
On Guard; Or, The Border Is All Locked Up1988
131 x 162 mm (5.2 x 6.4 in.)
Sergei Semenov, Russian, b. born 1956
Object Type: print
Medium and Support: Woodcut on heavyweight textured cream wove paper
Print impression quality: Excellent
Edition: Possibly number 4 from an edition of 7 (see inscriptions).
Marks: Signed in pencil below image; inscribed in pencil and erased, lower left corner of sheet: “4/7”; Russian inscription translates as “With our dog Trezorka on the border we don’t fart around”; and in background, “The German Rust has flown over”
Marks: Watermark: No watermark
Bibliography: Sergei Semenov (catalog in Russian and English from a previous exhibition, acquired by Wesleyan University Library 1997); see also 1997 DAC exhibition file.
Credit Line: Friends of the Davison Art Center funds, 1997
Accession Number: 1997.8.2
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- aircraft - Use for vehicles that navigate through the air, either supported for flight by buoyancy or by the dynamic action of the air on their surfaces; usually designed to accommodate one or more persons.
- animals - This section can use more hierarchical (quasi-Linnaean) refinement in future; extant terms were assembled into a fairly flat and slightly redundant structure to expedite conversion.
- satire - Artistic device holding up human folly and vice to scorn, derision, or ridicule. [November 1994 scope note added; related term added; alternate term added. May 1994 related term added.]
- Soviet Union - TGN 6006211 (former nation/state/empire)
- image Dimensions: 131 x 162 mm (5.2 x 6.4 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available