Photo Credit: photo: M. Cook
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/2505
250 x 276 mm (9.8 x 10.9 in.)
Thomas Hart Benton, American, (1889–1975)
Object Type: print
Medium and Support: Lithograph on wove paper
Print impression quality: Very good
Edition: From edition of 300; one of six lithographs by six artists from Series Two of “The American Scene,” issued by the Contemporary Print Group in 1934
Marks: Signed in pencil, lower right: “Benton”
Provenance / Collectors' Marks: Russell T. Limbach (stamped: “R.L.” in circle).
Bibliography: Fath 5.
Credit Line: Bequest of Russell T. Limbach (Art Department faculty, 1941–1971), 1973
Accession Number: 1973.14.55
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
firearms*, industry, labor*, mines (industrial complexes), political commentary, politics, strikes (events)*, weapons*
- firearms - Use generally for weapons using the power of exploding gunpowder to propel a projectile. POLLAR
- labor - Usage in the sense of physical work
- mines (industrial complexes)
- political commentary
- strikes (events) - Temporary stoppages of work by workers designed to enforce compliance with demands made on employers or government. W [May 1991 alternate term added.]
- weapons - Implements or mechanisms used for defense or attack in combat, hunting, or war.
- image Dimensions: 250 x 276 mm (9.8 x 10.9 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available