Photo Credit: photo: M. Cook
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/1910
Evening, East River1919
89 x 138 mm (3.5 x 5.4 in.)
John Taylor Arms, American, (1887–1953)
- boats - Use for watercraft generally smaller and less seaworthy than ships and generally not designed to cross large open waters. [June 1995 related term added.]
- East River - LCSH 8504057 "East River (N.Y.)"; no TGN
- marine views - Use For Term
- New York City - TGN 7007567 (“New York” preferred, “New York City” display; retained “City” for clarity)
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- times of day
- plate Dimensions: 89 x 138 mm (3.5 x 5.4 in.)
No open access image available
John Taylor Arms, American, (1887–1953) . Evening, East River, 1919. Etching and aquatint printed in black, blue, and yellow inks on Asian wove paper. Sixth of six states?. plate : 89 x 138 mm (3.5 x 5.4 in.). Sheet : 159 x 220 mm (6.3 x 8.7 in.). DAC accession number 1939.5.41. Gift of the artist (hon. MA Wesleyan 1939), 1939. (photo: M. Cook) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "GXIV".View current selection of records as: