No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/1666
Homage to Heroic Dead, Kiskaca. 1942-1950
507 x 405 mm (20 x 15.9 in.)
Object Type: photograph
Medium and Support: Gelatin silver print
Edition: Photographs made as WWII documentation and/or propaganda. This edition of prints on boards may have been distributed by the U.S. Government, or later as advertising for Graflex cameras. The prints in this group comprise only part of the series (the dealer from whom the donor selected and purchased them had more at the time).
Marks: Title printed on board below image; printed on board below lower right corner of image: “OFFICIAL U.S. NAVY PHOTOGRAPH, GRAFLEX-MADE”
Provenance / Collectors' Marks: Purchased by the donor from a dealer in Providence, RI, ca. 1994–1995.
Credit Line: Gift of Robert C. Lancefield (BA Wesleyan 1982, MA 1993, PhD 2005; DAC Registrar of Collections 1994–2019, Manager of Museum Information Services 1999–2019), 1998
Accession Number: 1998.2.14
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
Alaska*, American Studies, death, homage, military, Northwestern United States*, propaganda*, war*, World War II, world wars*
- Alaska - TGN 7006450
- American Studies
- Northwestern United States - TGN 4011498 (general region): Typically refers to the states of Washington, Oregon, Montana, Idaho and Wyoming. It may also include some of northern California.
- propaganda - Ideas, facts, or allegations spread deliberately to support one cause or individual or to damage another. WCOL9
- war - From TGM: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/tgm/item/tgm011468
- World War II
- world wars - Wars that involve most of the leading political and military powers of the world or most of the earth's territory. [July 1993 descriptor added.]
- object Dimensions: 507 x 405 mm (20 x 15.9 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available