No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/9211
Father and Son—Christian Bikers—Arizona1988
351 x 276 mm (13.8 x 10.9 in.)
Mary Ellen Mark, American, b. born 1941
Alternative title: Biker with Jesus T-Shirt [given by publisher]
Object Type: photograph
Medium and Support: Gelatin silver print
Edition: 4/30; portfolio of ten photographs published by Double Elephant Editions, Ltd.
Marks: Signed in pencil on verso: “Father and Son—Christian Bikers—Arizona 1988 Mary Ellen Mark”
Bibliography: Contemporary Photographers, 1988, pp. 656–658.
Credit Line: Gift of Philippe M. Salomon (BA Wesleyan 1970), 1993
Accession Number: 1993.31.5
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
Arizona*, Bible, families*, family, motorcyclists*, New Testament, religions, religious art*, Southwest*, Western United States*
- Arizona - TGN 7006451
- families - Groups of individuals related by blood, marriage, adoption, or cohabitation. ERIC9 [May 1993 related term deleted. May 1991 descriptor moved. February 1991 related term added.]
- motorcyclists - Use for those who ride motorcycles. [December 1995 descriptor added.]
- New Testament
- religious art - Use broadly for art depicting religious subjects or for art used in worship. [September 1993 descriptor added.]
- Southwest - TGN 4010660 (general region): Area to which term applies has changed with westward expansion of the USA; today usually refers to Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas; area is linked by arid climate & pastoral agricultural economy.
- Western United States - TGN 4011500 (general region): Typically refers to states West of the Rocky Mountains (New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, California) and Texas. The term may also sometimes include the states above Texas (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, and Oklahoma).
- image Dimensions: 351 x 276 mm (13.8 x 10.9 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available